Generic Levitra is a popular drug that helps men who have erectile dysfunction. This is a truly effective remedy which can quickly restore potency and enjoy a full sexual life.
Indications for use
This medication is used to restore sex life in men. It is used for therapy in patients who suffer from erectile dysfunction and experience difficulties during intercourse. The drug helps to restore potency. The main active ingredient in Levitra is vardenafil. This is a safe product that has been repeatedly tested in clinical trials. The desired effect was achieved in 90% of patients.
How does it work?
The speed of Levitra surpasses many alternative drugs. Your erection improves 15 minutes after taking a pill. The maximum effect is achieved an hour after use. The drug works only if a man is sexually aroused. The onset of action slows down if the patient ate fatty foods. In most cases, the medicine is effective for 4-5 hours. But some men note a longer performance. The duration of action is usually 12 hours and depends on the dose, food and individual susceptibility to the components of the drug.
Instructions for use
Before taking the drug, you should consult your doctor. Do not neglect the recommendations given in the instructions for use.
The medicine is taken orally. Tablets should be washed down with water. To achieve the desired result, the drug should be taken 25-40 minutes before the planned sexual intercourse. Do not take more than one tablet per day.
The maximum Levitra dosage is 20 mg. First-time users can reduce the dose to 5 or 10 mg. The pills are used regardless of food but it is not recommended to combine them with fatty foods and alcoholic beverages.
The drug should not be used by patients who have individual intolerance to its components. Besides, Generic Levitra is contraindicated in the following cases:
- Joint use with nitrogen donors and nitrate drugs;
- Severe forms of kidney and liver diseases, especially in cases of renal failure;
- Digestive problems, severe stomach ulcers;
- Heart disease (unstable angina, heart failure, etc.)
For any other diseases, you should consult a doctor for advice.
Side effects after taking vardenafil medication are very rare and short-term. In most cases, patients do not experience any problems. The most common body reactions to the drug include minor headaches, dizziness, nausea, rhinitis and dyspepsia. They are observed in 1-10% of cases. Less often (0.1-1%) men experience back pain, drowsiness, blurred vision, watery eyes, angina pectoris, arterial hypertension and other unpleasant reactions. Patients using the drug to improve an erection rarely complain of sleep disturbances, fainting, skin rashes, which is common when taking alternative ED drugs.
Benefits of the drug
Generic Levitra has several advantages:
- Speed of action. The drug is effective 15-30 minutes after administration. A man achieves a stable erection, thanks to which he can restore normal sex life;
- Duration of action. After taking the medicine, an erection can be achieved at the right time within 9-12 hours. During this time, a man can repeatedly have sexual intercourses. But he needs to be sexually aroused;
- Price. You can buy generic Levitra online at an affordable price;
- The minimum number of contraindications. The drug should not be used by minors, as well as men who have an increased sensitivity to vardenafil. The remedy is contraindicated to patients who have diseases of the heart, kidneys and liver;
- Good tolerance. When using the medicine, men rarely experience adverse reactions and they are short-term;
- High efficiency. The drug shows good results even in very complex cases of impotence. It has an effect on various forms of erectile dysfunction.
Overdose and its symptoms
One-time dosages of up to 80 mg and multiple doses of vardenafil up to 40 mg were tolerated by healthy test men without severe side effects. But when taking vardenafil in doses of 40 mg twice a day, patients experienced pain in the back, although there was no toxic effect on the muscles and nervous system. In connection with this, you should not take more than 1 tablet once every 24 hours. If an overdose occurs, standard therapy is required.
Interactions with other drugs
It is not recommended to combine Levitra with other stimulants (including plant-based ones), as well as with candida drugs and psychotropic drugs. If you are taking a potent medication, it is recommended that you consult a specialist before using this generic medication.
Compatibility with alcohol
Alcohol can slow down the effect of Levitra. And if a man drinks often, then the use of the medication can cause severe pain in the right side since the liver can not cope with the processing of the medicine. However, it’s allowed to combine Levitra and alcohol. It is only important to understand that the effect will come much later. And the combination of these substances may cause nausea and severe headaches.
The tablets are sold in a blister pack. In order to fully preserve the effectiveness of the drug, it is necessary to store it at a temperature not exceeding 86° F. For this, you need to choose a room where there is no strong humidity. Also, make sure that the drug is out of the reach of children. The shelf life of generic Levitra is 3 years. Do not use the tablets for their intended purpose after the expiration of this period. Shelf life is indicated on the package.